Walk Christchurch offers a daily scheduled walk for individuals in small groups, usually not more than 8 -10 walkers. We also provide per-arranged customised walks for private groups.
Christchurch Ōtautahi Highlights Walk
An Informative and leisurely walk of about 2.0 to 2.5 hours (2.5 – 3.0km)
The walk includes:
- Maori and planned European settlements
- Key heritage buildings, other city features and Avon River area
- 2010-2011 earthquakes and the post-earthquake new city
Leaves from outside the Clock tower in the Arts centre -close to the Rolleston Avenue and Worcester Blvd intersection.
Ends at the National Earthquake Memorial.
When it operates:
- Every day at 10.30 am
- On Line bookings must be completed by 9.00 am on the day of your walk between 1 September and 31 May. In June, July, and August on line bookings must be completed by 8.00 pm on the day prior to the walk
- In person bookings (subject to places being available) can be made at the Den Office under the Clock tower in the Arts Centre from 10.15 am on the day of the walk
- No walks : Xmas day, Good Friday, Anzac Day
- In very adverse weather a walk may be cancelled for safety reasons and a refund given for safety reasons
- Adults $20.00
- Age 12-16 $10.00
- Under 12 free
Private Tours and Customised Walks
Inquiries and bookings should be made as early as possible before the planned walk .These can be made by emailing email@example.com. Please provide as much detail as you have available.
Prices will depend on the type of group, the size of the group, the customisation required & the length of the walk. They would usually be based on the prices for Christchurch Ōtautahi Highlights Walk.